I wrote this up earlier and then google ate it. Apparently, they have bugginess when you try to go to blogger from your google home page. I experienced three crashes trying to do this, even after a restart?
Second time around writing something up is never as fun.
As I get narrower on my career, and I find that things like "product manager," "product developer," and "project manager" interest me, I'm shifting into the "how to get there" phase more and more. Sometimes these titles seem to overlap, but all require experience, usually specific to their industry, which I lack. I'm an information gatherer and project coordinator, strategizer and problem-solver.
What about this job below as a stepping stone to a more engaging career? It doesn't ask for too much specific experience, and it might have good visibility since this person works with all departments (which I enjoy). The downside is that of course I wish I'd made this move 6 years ago, but I guess there's no time like the present to start over again at the bottom.
I know someone who works at this company, who would be very happy to help me if he can, and even has experience working with me in a project management sort of capacity, and believes in me.
In the meantime, I need to also talk with people who have these jobs I think might be the right career path for me, and ask them how they got there, what they really do, what they like and dislike, etc. Mainly, how can I get on the right track?
So, any hot tips on people I might talk to would also be greatly appreciated.
Activation Specialist I
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviews request mailbox, creates tracking cases in CRM system, folders email for review.
- Processes service moves for partners and partner customers.
- Gathers and organizes information from variety of sources.
- Quickly recognizes errors or unusual events and escalate via the proper channels.
- Trains company Partners on ordering process.
- Troubleshoots and resolve technical and business issues that might delay customer activation.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Works with multiple departments to gather information for project execution.
- Multitasking and peak performance under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Working as a team player.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience in customer support.
- Must have great communication skills, efficient, responsible, professional, work in a team environment.
- Familiar with standard internet concepts within the email and IT world.
- Ability to learn quickly while paying close attention to detail.
- Works under general supervision.
- Salesforce experience a preferred.
- Understands project management concepts a plus.
compensation package consists of salary, equity and attractive benefits. Principals only. No relocation.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com.