Friday, August 05, 2005

Survey says:

Another Survey. This one from Keith.

1. If you could trade places with one of your friends for a day, who would it be?
For one day? I’d like to give them all a try. But if I had to choose…
Maybe Steve. He’s bonkers and a genius, I’d like to see the world through his eyes for a day. Plus, I could, like piss out fires and stuff.

2. What were you doing at this time yesterday?
Working.

3. What will you be doing at this time tomorrow?
I hope sleeping.

4. In the past month, what was the best moment you had?
I’ve had a lot of moments:
Getting drunk and looking at fishies and penguins would be one.
Getting good and drunk at Zeitgeist with Paul and Mark and etc. was another.
Dinner with Paul for his birthday
The bendy-straw time at Charles’ birthday party.
But the BEST, was probably napping in the grass at Laguna Seca

5. When was the last time you were at a hospital?
When Dale dumped Joan’s BMW on a gravel road, and we waited in the emergency room for him to be seen. That was fun. Then we had martinis or something all night.
The last time I was in for ME, was a few years ago, when I discovered that codeine and me are un-mixy things.

6. What kind of car do you have?
Um. That’s the thing with the extra wheels and the giant waste of space, right? I have a few Hot Wheels. I have one that’s a little toilet car. That one’s real cute.

7. When was the last time you were taken advantage of?
Every time I pay my taxes, or get a speeding ticket. I feel pretty taken advantage of when my work makes me give up my weekend to travel too.

8. What do you take for granted?
That my parents will always be there to take care of me if I fail. Fortunately, I don’t use that. But I think it’s there.

9. What is the best thing about your job?
Travel.

10. How many times have you been rejected?
For, like, anything? I have no idea. Job searching, ex-boyfriends, schools, I don’t keep track of all that. I am happy where I am. I’ve been dumped a few times, my resumes have been ignored many times, and the Jesuits have never wanted me at their schools. Fuck the Jesuits.

11. Think of the last time you went out with friends. What was the best part of it?
Zeitgeist. Seeing Paul do his happy dance. Seeing a lot of people I rarely see. Beer.

12. What was the last movie you watched?
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover. Peter Greenaway. Seen it a few times, love it every time. In the theater: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

(what happened to 13?)

14. In the near future, what are you most looking forward to?
Not going to work tomorrow. Gee, my life has really slowed down. Next big event is Vegas in November.

15. What do you dislike about your bedroom?
It’s a fucking pigsty. So, I guess I just wish it were, like four times as big, and had a garage attached to it.

16. Describe your morning routine.
No routine. It may involve toast and coffee, may involve stretching or doing core exercise, may involve catching up on email. Shower, toothbrush, etc of course. Then I try to beat my time for getting to work, if I’m running late. Sometimes I arrive at work and don’t remember the commute at all. Other times, I’m wide awake and lanesplitting.

17. What is one food you have never and will never try?
Seahorse. How sad.

18. How would you handle it if someone liked you but you weren't into them?
Get over it and move on. Like that’s never happened before. Fortunately, I’ve tricked the only one I want into wanting me back.

19. What was the last thing that got on your nerves?
Traffic light sensors.

20. What would your theme song be?
That’s a big commitment. Right now, it would be “Borrowed Time” by MDC. Or maybe “Motorbike,” which is mostly meaningless, by Sheep on Drugs.

21. Can people tell when you're upset?
Yes. I throw things, or get very quiet, acerbic, and decisive.

22. How much money did you spend yesterday?
Actual cashflow was zero. I suppose you could figure out a daily cost for rent, gas, insurance, depretiation of bikes, etc. But, I was drinking, and do not care.

23. Would you rather go to the doctor or the dentist?
I have no aversion to either. I miss my old doctor though.

24. Tattoos are?
Frequently just a different type of uniform. Worship your subculture!

25. How long would you have to date someone before you slept with them?
I don’t remember. I’m done with that.

26. Do you practice any form of religion?
No. I was raised Catholic, but I gave that up for Lent many years ago.

27. What is a special talent you have that most people don't know about?
Sometimes I can make weird noises with my eyeball. That really freaked Paul out I think.

28. Growing up, who did you have posters on the wall?
Iron Maiden! Oh yeah!

29. What is your favorite thing about summer?
I LOVE San Francisco on those very few warm summer nights we get. I also love watching the fog roll in, and not having to carry rain gear.

30. What do you think of the person who posted this survey before you?
Keith is nice; probably too nice. He needs to fix that damn dirtbike or stop talking about it.

No comments: