Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm About to Loose My Mind.

Today, Paul tells me this:
"If the only thing wrong with your job is that your boss doesn't understand evolution, you really should consider what the vast majority of humanity has to put up with on a daily basis."


Really?
Really?
I just can't imagine there are many more people like this.
Look, I'm very tolerant of religions. Sometimes I feel like I'm overly defensive even of Christianity.

But I can't tolerate this crap. Evolution is not an equal option to creationism. I don't have to give your religion equal time in science class, as though it were an equally valid part of a scientific debate. It's not science, and there is no debate.

I'm tired of people being proud of stupidity.
I'm tired of people misspelling things over an over until the misspelling becomes just fine.
It's not fine to misspell "lose" as "loose." IT'S NOT FINE.
And I keep seeing it. And I think you are an idiot, but I haven't told you yet. Maybe I ought to, lest "loose" becomes an accepted alternative to "lose."
But there's no debate. "loose" is not an equally valid way to say "lose." There is no debate. There's just you, looking like an idiot.

I'm tired of people thinking they will get rich from the lottery or Vegas. Every time someone tells you they went to Vegas and made X amount of money, ask them how much they lost. They NEVER factor that in. You only "go to Vegas and make money" if you come out AHEAD of your investment. Duh!

I'm tired of people thinking they can flip houses and make $200K for doing nothing. It's real satisfying watching people panic and end up underwater right now. Did you think you were entitled to a few hundred thousand just because? Oh, you didn't understand your ARM would adjust? It's got "ADJUST" right there at the beginning of the name, dumbass! This reminds me of my dot-com bubble friends who were making 6 digits for a few years in their 20's. Lucky them! But a year later when it blew up, there they all were getting evicted and starving. What, no savings? Nothing to show from the good old days? Tsk, tsk!

I'm tired of people telling me they're mad about gas prices and they demand that there be some half-assed, idiot-planned boycott a certain station on a certain day or whatever. Why do I keep getting these chain letters? It's NOT GOING TO WORK, and furthermore, it shouldn't. Shifting your gas purchase by a day or two doesn't do a goddamn thing to the oil company's profits, it just reinforces the idea that you are an idiot unable or unwilling to make actual change in your life in order to make things different. It shouldn't work, because you don't "deserve" low gas prices. Oil is finite. (sorry, it's true, "intelligent designers." Dinosaurs did roam the earth, a long time before us, and they are GONE) People suffer because Americans feel entitled to lower gas prices for WHAT?

Wanna stick it to the man? Thumb your nose at gas prices? Walk, ride your bicycle, take transit, at the very least get a more reasonable vehicle, CONSUME LESS. Of everything.
Walk outside and meet your neighbors and notice the buildings, sit at home and read a little, learn about actual investing, practice your spelling, something!

And get the hell off my lawn.

No comments: