Tuesday, January 31, 2006

boredom

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
No.
2. Do you close your eyes on rollercoasters?
No. Well, unless my contacts are popping out.

(what happened to 3?)

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone??
Paul. He keeps the ghosts out, and the monsters from coming out from under the bed.

5. Do you believe in Ghosts?
no. unless Paul is not sleeping next to me.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
I hope so, if not in the ways people expect.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
uhm, yeah. duh.


8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Angelina is way hotter, but if I had to guess at which would be nicer to grow old with, I’d guess Aniston. What the hell doI know? More to the point, why should I care?

9. Can you honestly say you know anything about politics?
I know something about politics. If you don’t care about politics, you’re a fucking moron, and you’re lying to yourself.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
I used to. My fourth grade teacher taught us how to play. He also bought a craps table for the classroom. I don’t really remember how to play that either.

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
yes, but I’m too old for that stuff now.

12. Do you kill bugs that are in the house?
I try. Particularly cockroaches and spiders. Yeesh.

13. Have you ever cheated on a test?
no. Oh, wait, yes. Online traffic school. Is that really cheating, or just boredom?

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night,& no ones around..do you go through red lights?
I have, but not as a rule. If there’s a vehicle-activated sensor, yes, I’ll run it, since it’s probably calibrated incorrectly. If I’m in the fucking ghetto of West Oakland, yes, I’ll go. If I’ve been riding all night and I’m about an hour out of Arvin at 1am and the train light and gate are down, but there’s clearly no train, yes, I’ll run it.Otherwise, I’ll just wait my turn. I’m pretty sure most accidents and tickets are the result of people thinking they’ll just break the rules because there’s no one looking, there’s no one in that lane, there’s no oncoming traffic when they’re making that left turn. Considering the first thing is always “I didn’t see you,” I hate to chance it, and end up being the dumbass who just didn’t register something.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Probably.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Why should I care?

17. Have you ever ice skated?
yes, but I was never good at it.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
about four a week, but usually I forget them within an hour or so.

19. When was the last time u laughed so hard you were crying?
I can’t remember.

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
yes.

22. Do you believe in love at first sight?
no

23. Do you know who Ba-Ba-Booey is?
no. It sounds stupid though.

24. Do you always wear your seatbelt?
yes.

25. What talent do you wish you had?
bitchin wheelies! Actually, more charisma might be more useful. But bitchin wheelies carries its own kind of charisma, doesn’t it?

26. Do you like Sushi?
yum, vegetarian sushi. But only from Blowfish. Other places I’ve had it have been kind of ick.

27. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
probably on a daily basis. I narrowly missed severe liver and pancreas damage, does that also count? I guess that wasn’t an accident, so much as a surgeon’s laziness.

28. What do you wear to bed?
port spilled on the duvet, chocolate melted to my fingers, and a smile

30. Does size matter?
well, having a nice small bike sure has worked out for me. Smaller is better! Screw you, Hummer sitting in traffic! I laugh at you circling the block looking for parking! On the other hand, “It’s not the size of the ship that matters, it’s the captain’s ability to stay in port until all passengers have de-boarded.”

31. Do you truly hate anyone?
I wish I could say no. No one I know personally. OK, no hate. I guess hate wouldn’t be the right word. So, no.

32. Rock and Roll or Rap?
Buttrock

33. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
Isn’t Paul famous?

34. Do you have a relative in prison?
Currently, no.

35. Have u ever sang in front of the mirror like your favorite singer?
No, but I do sing fairly constantly when I’m alone.

36. Do you know how to play chess?
mechanically, yes. Strategically, no.

37. What food do you find disgusting?
mushrooms. Slimy. Fungus. Why would you eat that? Oh, and Hot Pot. And numerous other things I was exposed to in Beijing.
38. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine,if you show me yours?"
heh, yeah?

39. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
Yes, but never anything other than what I say to their faces. Hear that, Charles? I totally make fun of your Bullet when you’re not around!

40. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
Yes. Yes. Yes. We must.

41. Have you ever been punched in the face ?
No

42. When is the last time you threw up from drinking too much?
If I remembered, I probably wouldn’t have been throwing up? I think it was the morning of the SFMC 100 year anniversary party, which I dragged myself to despite the raging hangover. Yay!

43. Have you ever walked out on a movie at the theater?
No. I wanted to walk out on Napoleon Dynamite, but I was there with a really cute guy. Normally, I can’t walk out becauseI assume that “this has to be going somewhere,” but in that case, I realized early on that there really was no goddam point. What a shitty movie.

44.Do u ever sit through a bad movie, to see how bad it can get?
If I’m in a theater, I’m optimistic that it must get better. If I’m at home, I just consider it a drinking game.

45. Would you consider yourself obsessed with anything?
Motorcycles. And occasionally costume, historic, otherwise.

46. Have you ever met someone famous that you really wanted to meet?
no? I don’t think I’ve ever met any famous people. Except for William Vollman, who is only famous if you are a literary geek, which actually, I am not, but I very highly admire is work. Oh, and Phil Douglas, who is totally a hero to at least some of us. Is he famous, or just really really cool? I also met that guy who did Dakar, that’s pretty neat. And my aunt who is “famous” in the cancer-survivorship circles. That’s swell also. Celebrities? Who fucking cares?

47. Have you ever been stood up?
Yes; I used to date a speed freak.

48. When's the last time you screamed at the top of your lungs?
Recently. Who doesn’t scream in their helmet from time to time?

49. Did you ever do something that you didn't want to?
That’s a stupid question. Yes.

50. Do you consider yourself "the biggest fan" of something?
I adore my family, but I don’t know that I could be a bigger fan than my siblings. I may be the biggest fan of the idea of doing the Cal24 on my DRZ400. Oh, I’m the biggest fan of the smelly cat downstairs at Paul’s house.

1 comment:

cstatman said...

my bullet rocks!

There are GHOSTS under the BED? Send Paul to my place immediately.

GHOSTS under the BED????

what's next?
SNAKES on a PLANE?????


sea monkeys