Thursday, January 12, 2006

Blah

The weekend was grand.
Friday was the party at my folks’ house. I got to drink a whole bunch of wine and see my family and friends that I see rarely. Saturday we hung around the Turner Compound with my family in the morning, then went to SF with my brother and his wife to visit their friends in the evening. It was nice to visit SF as a tourist. We drank a lot of tequila?
Sunday we returned to SF and then Berkeley after Ben & Megan went to the airport, and watched an older Errol Morris movie, Gates of Heaven. Which was subtly hilarious. Not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

I am finally getting things out of my house that I intended to get rid of months ago. I’m tired of all the clutter! Make it go away!
Last night, I got some freecyclers to take away four garbage bags full of clothes, and also the old Mac and peripherals. The old Mac (and its peripheral cadre) took up a TON of space; I am so glad it went away. And the clothes, well, I pretty much only wear the same stuff these days, and am pretty sure I don’t need those old dominatrix boots for riding.

In fact, I need LESS CRAP in general, because I’m beginning to think I’m going to spend another ten years in this apartment. I think it will be eleven years this March. So there. Rent Control. I guess I’ll never get that garage, but if I move right now in the City, it would probably run me about $1200/month for a studio with a garage, assuming I could find a suitable one. I’d rather spend that extra $530/month on my 401K, or possibly ice cream.

I'm reading a tome about finances, which my mom gave me, not really for me, but so that I could read it and help my sister with finance. I thought it would suck, but it's actually a good read. On the other hand, I should have saved more when I was 22. I could have stopped now and still come out ahead. Damn. Can I have a do-over?
It turns out that I can't ever own a house, is what I'm gathering from all of this.

No comments: