Wednesday, January 07, 2004

one of those silly surveys

1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Rode my motorcycle through a creek. (I sucked, but it was fun.)
Went on a Poker Run with a bunch of Harleys (big suck.)
Went to a climbing gym. (big suck.)
Yoga. (meh.)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Travel.
And wheelies.

7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't remember dates, but I'll never forget crossing into Nevada on a dirt road.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing the Sheetiron.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing sewing projects.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lost my voice for about a week.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new gas tank.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My aunt Carol, in her illness and death.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My own, at times.
George Bush's, at all times.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent?
Followed by my motorcycle.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My motorcycle, the Sheetiron, the ride to Burning Man, Grand Theft Auto, being single again.

16. What songs/bands will always remind you of 2003?
Jimmy Luxury, and that eminem song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier. I have a less abusive boss.

ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter.

iii. richer or poorer?
Richer. Since I paid off one of my credit cards.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Riding, sewing, seeing friends and family.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching TV and looking at the internet.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Visiting family, drinking.

22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Only with my motorcycle.

23. How many one night stands?
None, strictly speaking.

24. What were your favourite TV programs?
The Simpsons, and a documentary I saw about the Tom Ammiano write-in campaign.

26. What was the best book you read?
Choke.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jimmy Luxury

28. What did you want and get?
I'm not at liberty to discuss that.

29. What did you want and not get?
Wheels! But I will get them, soon...

30. What was your favourite film(s) of this year?
The Magdelene Sisters. I didn't see that many movies though. But that one was pretty damn good.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went drinking with my sister and her husband at various places on Haight Street. Turned 26.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Paying off more debts.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Corporate boring, interspersed with vinyl and latex moments.

34. What kept you sane?
My motorcycle and Charles.

35. Which celebrity/public figure(s) did you fancy the most?
Rob Zombie.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of them. Pretty much everything that's come out of the Bush Administration and the associated loss of civil rights and privacy, the invasion, the lies, ummm, yeah. Everything. But what bugs me the most is the idea that so many people swallow it, and that it will probably be re-elected.

37. Who did you miss?
Someone I knew briefly who was creative and full of life and loved me, but I had to push out of my life at the time.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I haven't met any new people this year who play important roles in my life. But I did re-meet Mia, who has generously overlooked my earlier nastiness, and is an incredibly sweet girl.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Get on the gas, or fall on your ass.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"motor oil, and gasoline. ride."

No comments: