Thursday, December 10, 2009

ketchup

I've been sick the past two weeks, and you'd think staying at home would have given me time to update, but you'd be wrong. I've been really busy! It is Christmas after all...


The weekend before Thanksgiving, one of my best friends from my tortured early teenage years came up from LA to visit. We had fun catching up, and spent Saturday in the East Bay. Lunch at Lanesplitters gave me the chance to catch up some pints of beer from the exquisite Moonlight Brewing, which is unavailable in our new suburban hell. Then we went to Takara Sake for a tasty and informative sake tasting, followed by a quick visit to the Albany Bulb while the sun threatened to go down. Ever adventurous, we rocekted through Alameda at an illicit 26 mph to go see Kevy and Jonathon for dinner and tiki and good conversation. It was a blast, and I hope they visit again.

Then Thanksgiving came, and we got to bring Paul's mom and her incredibly sweet doggy with us:
From 2009


But unfortunately, I got the plague and had to try to keep her away from me. We still managed to get out for high tea, including tiaras and pinkies-out tea drinking.

Then I was sick for a really long time and the only thing that could cheer me up was getting a Christmas tree!

From 2009


And then decorating the heck out of the house. Our lights are awesome and the Christmas music is on repeat (Paul is a real trooper).

My mom and sister came over this past Sunday for a hastily "planned" craft day, which I used as an excuse to play with glitter. It was nice to have stitch and bitch craft time, and we'll try to do it monthly, maybe others will come and bring their projects! Or at least their latent glitter tendencies. I've been keeping pretty busy with lots of crafty stuff, but mostly it is stuff I can't share because it is Christmas gifts... so there.

1 comment:

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

I would be honored to be invited to the next Stitch 'n Bitch.