Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yesterday morning, I found the rev limiter on the SV. I needed to go, fast, to switch from a stopped lane to a moving one. Drop a gear and go! Fast! Erm, well, I guess there is a limit to that.

Apparently, your bike is not made of unicorn dust, and so it gets to a certain point (oh, I guess about half-past redline, now that you mention it), where this rev-limiter thing kicks in and steals your joy. It feels like a dead spot. Does this mean I need a bigger bike? I thought if I just didn't look at the redline, it wouldn't bother me.

I am totally getting behind on my classes, reading and such. And, on learning and ramping up at work, I feel like I am not absorbing enough. and this is bad. Changes around here make that all the more nerve-racking. Busy, busy, and changes at home too. Lots to do... I head for redline out of habit, will there be a rev-limiter there too? What falls victim to the dead space first, or is it all at once? I don't know. Do I need a bigger bike? Bigger life?

Next few weeks will be hell.

I wish I could just peel the fuck out.

No comments: