Thursday, January 13, 2005

I need to annex the neighbor's place

<>I need to take a car for a test drive, just so I can stop by my house and schlep a bunch of crap to Goodwill. I was thinking mini coopper, because they're so darn cute, but my second thought is that I'll need a truck.

Or maybe I need to learn how to sell stuff on ebay. I'm just a little unclear on the whole shipping thing.

Somehow, I need to get all this crap out of my little apartment.

When I moved into this place, it seemed huge. For the first couple of years, I didn't even use two of the closets. Then, very suddenly and very quickly, it started to fill with crap. Being an art student, I compiled a dizzying array of art supplies, artwork, fabric, sewing machines (there are THREE in my studio), shit I thought might make an interesting project someday. I have a problem with books and magazines. Since I've dabbled in different mediums, I have acquired equipment and supplies for all kinds of shit: darkroom gewgaws, metalworking tools, of course sewing and patternmaking. Don't forget bookmaking, etching, millinery, and textile printing.

Then I got bikes, and now all the shit normal people would keep in their garage is crammed into what is essentially my nightstand. Want a glass of brake fluid? No need to leave the bed!


Ugh. It has to go. Or I need to move to Tennessee, where I could afford a nice spacious place to house all my shit.

Sadly, even after I decide something needs to go, I have no way to take it out of the house.
So, test drive a mini cooper. Anyone know how to drive, want to go for a test drive?


<>Comments:
Charles: you have a freind with a HUGE goddamn van. You set a weekend date, get everything ready, have a location for it to go TO, and I will bring a big BIG van.
Posted by Charles on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 10:09 AM

No comments: